5 mind-blowing new stats about flexible working
Regus’ latest flexible working white paper reveals some huge new trends in the way the world works:
- 72% of global businesses report increased productivity as a direct result of flexible working practises
- 68% of firms said flexible work means staff generate more revenue
- 80% of company managers are expecting to see a surge in people going part-time
- 64% of workers are more energized and motivated because of working part-time
- 81% of firms now offer their staff alternatives to fixed office working
To get the complete picture, download the full report, which is based on interviews with 16,000 business repondents.
For more information on Regus click here
Business Sense: Setting workers free
In the first in a series of blog posts from the Regus customer newsletter, Business Sense, Daniel H. Pink, business guru and former speech writer to Al Gore, explains why giving staff greater freedom is the key to unlocking their potential
Society may tell us that reward and punishment is the best way to motivate the type of behavior that we want, but in his latest book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Daniel H. Pink shows that this is not always the case – and never more so than in the workplace.
Using 50 years worth of research on human motivation, interviewing some of the most prominent scientists and investigating companies taking a new approach to motivation, Pink shows that even when given only a moderate level of independence, individuals will perform at a much higher level.